[squid-users] maxconn and time

From: cistron <cistron@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:33:44 +0500

Hi
as we discussed before, I can use acl maxconn for limiting the number of

parallel connections and if the maximum is exceeded, an 'access denied'
is returned.
Because of this I have to find a resonable value for the maxconn number.

I made some quick tests and these showed that it takes some time for the

connections to close fully, so it can happen that a request is denied
although there are 'inactive' connections that closed before. Is it
possible to exactly define this timeout interval? Does this depend on
squid or on the OS? I have to give maxconn =35 for people using a
single browser window viewing msn.com. Error is also given when a site
is visited again and again.

Thanks and Regards