RE: [squid-users] Webmail and .asp website problems with IE

From: Aaron Roberts <aaron@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:52:56 +0100

Hi Javier,
  thanks for the reply.

I should have explained a little more...

I have added the following rules to try and avoid this problem:

acl badsites dstdomain all the sites with problems
no_cache deny badsites
always_direct badsites

But the problem still occurs!
I think it's something to do with the way that Internet Explorer generates it's HTTP requests - Opera 6.x works with no problem...

This proxy also uses a TCP port redirect for transparency, but the problem occurs whether IE is set to use the proxy, or is forced to use the Proxy transparently!

Thanks,
   Aaron