Re: [squid-users] Proxy autoconfig script

From: Michael Hayder <mic-lists-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 08:28:28 +0200

Am Die, 2002-10-22 um 16.26 schrieb Steck, Steffen M.:
> Hello,
> I have a proxy.pac working fine.
> I think I have read sometime somewhere about putting this information into
> NT domain login skript, but I don't find it anymore.
> Is it possible to put the information the browser needs for the autoconfig
> script (i.e. the URL) into the logon script?
> Thx for any input.
> Steffen

Hi,
as far as I know ... it is possible.... in 2 ways.

1.
If you have windows dhcp (who wants this ???) U can insert a stupid reg
key in the registry and the dhcp server is putting the proxy.pac
automatically in the Internet Exploder settings.
Please do not ask me which key .... I only knew that it is possible
@myoldcompany.

2. You can set a key in the internet exploder settings (e.g logon.bat
etc) of the registry. This is a stupid vbs.script which does this by
patching the registry.... you can also use setkey or something like
that.

<script language="VBScript" type="text/vbscript" defer="defer">
sub window_onload
Dim wsh
Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wsh.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\AutoConfigURL","http://munhost0.xxxx.com/proxy.pac"
wsh.SendKeys "~"
window.close
wsh.Run "C:\Progra~1\Intern~1\iexplore.exe"
end sub
</script>

We restart the IE but this is not nessesary if the IE not running
already.

You should not use this script .... it is just the easiest way to show
the key (only IEx you know) that should be the same for mozilla etc.
only other possions of the keys.

I hope that helps
Greets
mic