Re: [squid-users] aufs problems on AIX

From: Gerard Eviston <geviston@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:29:08 +1000

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:40, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 01:15, Gerard Eviston wrote:
> > Hope I'm not muddying the waters too much, but I had a very similar
> > problem on AIX:
>
> (after picking the mud out)..
>
> > http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200208/0362.html
> >
> > I havent checked since, but if the code had changed very little then it
> > could still be an outstanding issue for AIX too.
>
> It *may* have been due to a missing _REENTRANT flag for CFLAGS, as per
> my other emails. Can you build a stable squid, and check that CFLAGS
> does indeed get _REENTRANT on AIX?

Great to hear that the Solaris problems are fixed.

-D_REENTRANT was set in my config.status, and today I tried with more aufs
threads (no luck) and --with-aio (same story). My config now has

... '--enable-storeio=aufs ufs' \
    --with-aufs-threads=128 \
    --with-pthreads \
    --with-aio ...

Configure reports 32768 FDs which may explain why I haven't run out yet (also
this cache has only one user ATM - me). There is a single cache_dir on a fast
dedicated disk, heaps of RAM and CPU.

For now though I'll switch back to ufs unless anyone has more suggestions or
things I can try.

Regards
Gerard