[squid-users] NTLM

From: Alexander Harrington <alex@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:36:38 +0100

Hi

I want to configure Squid with support for the NTLM authentication.

I read through the archives and found the following configure string:

./configure --prefix="/usr/local/squid" --enable-ntlm-auth-modules=fakeauth --enable-ntlm-authentication

which runs fine as does compiling with

make all
make install

but I can't find any instructions on what to do next. I've tried uncommenting the authentication programme line in squid.conf but get an error message to the effect that ntlm is an unknown authentication scheme.

All I need in seemless transmission of the Windows username to the proxy server hence the use of the fakeauth helper.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Alex

--
Alex Harrington - IT Support, Longhill High School
t: 01273 391640 | e: alex@longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk