RE: [squid-users] X_FORWARDED_FOR

From: Jeremy Junginger <jjunginger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:29:40 -0700

It definitely adds some traceability to websites that are logging this
field. Purely from a security perspective, I would say if you do not
need it for user-level tracking, it may be a good idea to disable it.
If you are using private addressing on your network, it could disclose
some information about your internal network topology that you may not
want to be public. Just a thought. Take it with a grain of salt.

-jeremy