RE: [squid-users] What Virus Scanning software runs "nicely" with Squid?

From: Carmelo A. Zizza <czizza@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:09:10 -0400

We currently use TrendMicro Interscan for Unix in our production
environment. Our environment is a DELL 1650, 2 1.6Ghz, 2 100Mbit NIC, 2
Mirrored 16GB Ultra 160 disks on RH 7.2.

Our server is configured with IPCHAINS and acts as our only firewall to
the internet. We redirect http traffic to port 3128 (Squid) and Squid is
configured to direct WEB traffic to localhost:8080 (TrendMicro).
TrendMicro is configured for SMTP and HTTP virus protection. This all
works well for up to 100 users. We did need to do some tuning on
TrendMicro but that was solved from their Tech support.

You can download a 30 day evaluation and test it out that is what we
did, and the pricing is not that expensive if you consider the downside.

Our setup looks like this:

Local LAN -> Squid (3128) -> -> TrendMicro (8080) -> Internet
                            Squid Guard

SquidGuard is used a site and expression blocker. In this configuration
the our WEB traffic is served through the Squid Cache.

Regards,
Carmelo