[squid-users] transparently redirect traffic to the Squid with L4-7 switch

From: Hicks, Rick <RHicks@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:44:43 -0600

Hi working an Alteon L4-7 webswitch to transparently redirect traffic to the
Squid. We are running Squid on RedHat 7.2. We found examples in the
docs(http://squid.visolve.com/faq.htm) on how to do this but all the
examples use ipchains, 7.2 uses iptables. This is what we have done:

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

The part that we can not figure it is how to do this with iptables ? or
should we even have to do anything since our Alteon is redirecting all port
80 requests to port 3128 on the Squid - it does not seem to work however but
we can see the requests are coming into the Squid box.

ipchains -A input -j REDIRECT 3128 -p tcp -s <Your Network Address> -d
0.0.0.0/0 80 (do we need to do this at all, with iptables obviously on 7.2)

Our webswitch has a redirect filter and redirects all packets with a
destination port of http to the squid box on 3128.

/c/slb/filt 100
        ena
        action redir
        proto tcp
        dport http
        group 1
        rport 3128

Any pointers on where we can find some info on using Squid in this fashion
with RedHat 7.2 - really an iptables question but any help is appreciated.

Rick Hicks
Senior LAN/WAN Administrator
Stantec
Ph: (780) 917-7233
Fx: (780) 917-7349
rhicks@stantec.com
www.stantec.com

The content of this email is the confidential property of Stantec and should
not be copied, modified, retransmitted, or used for any other purpose except
with Stantec's written authorization. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete all copies and notify us immediately.