[squid-users] Problem with application of www.seg-social.es

From: Rost, Werner <Werner.Rost@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:45:39 +0200

Hi all,

a user in Spain want to use an application with www.seq-social.es. This
application requires ports 709, 389, 390. We configured the firewall for
these ports. Furthermore I changed squid.conf:

acl SSL_ports port 443 563 709 389 390
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

Unfortunately the application does not work. The application shows the
message:

    There was a problem with the automatic proxy configuration
    Attempting to continue without an intermediate proxy.

NOTE:
1. The user runs this application at home successfully (no proxy!)
2. Our firewall manager told me that the Squid proxy establishes no request
on ports 709,389,390
3. We tested with Squid 2.4 S3 and 2.5 S1

Does anybody know what goes wrong?

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / regards
> Werner Rost

> ZF Boge GmbH
> Werner Rost
> IT
> Friesdorfer Str. 175
> D-53175 Bonn
>

> phone: +49/228/3825 420
> fax: +49/228/3825 398
> werner.rost@zfboge.com
>
> www.boge-vibrationcontrol.com/

This Mail has been checked for Viruses
Attention: Encrypted mails can NOT be checked!

**

Diese Mail wurde auf Viren geprueft
Hinweis: Verschluesselte mails koennen NICHT auf Viren geprueft werden!