Re: [squid-users] virus protection and squid

From: Michael Hayder <mic-lists-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Oct 2002 21:35:37 +0200

Am Son, 2002-10-27 um 08.42 schrieb zenn:
> Hi all
> I'm thinking of adding some form of virus protection to our squid servers so
> our local users are not constantly infected by virus' distributed by
> websites.
> I have heard of http://viralator.loddington.com/ that's seems to do what I
> want, but, I was wondering how others have tackled the virus issue.

Yupp ... hi.
I have tested that stuff .... a long time.... but I found out that this
is not realy useable for productive use. Many sites are not working with
this program (cookies problem) and so stuff.
There is also a big problem with the security issue of the special to
compiled apache (with suexec).
Not suitablöe for my dummy opinion.

Others are talking about www.antivirus.com. An aditional virusscanner
working like a second proxy. Please follow this thread on this channel.

There is another option it is called surfprot. (GPL)
http://surfprot.sourceforge.net

I am working on a private scanner nearly the same system but perl.
I hope that helps
greets
mic