Re: [squid-users] Squid LAN transfer performance slow

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:20:29 +0100

"Tais M. Hansen" wrote:

> On Sunday 27 October 2002 16:08, Marc Elsen wrote:
> > "Tais M. Hansen" wrote:
> > > I'm having problems with the squid transfer performance. Clients on the
> > > LAN only get transfer speeds from the server running squid in the range
> > > of 150 to 300 KB/s, but if they go around squid and i.e. gets a large
> > > file from a webserver running on the same box, they'll acheive around 4-5
> > > MB/s.
> > > What could be causing such a major slowdown?
> > Which Linux flavor/version are you using ?
>
> It's Slackware Linux 8.1 kernel 2.4.19.

  Using 'top' can you SQUID's mem usage ?
  Especially compare SIZE versus RSS,is there any significant difference
?

  Check SQUID's cache.log for possible error messages during
  normal operation.

  Check 'dmesg' on Linux ; watch for suspicous error messages,if any.
  Check /var/log/messages on Linux, idem ditto.

  Check 'netstat -i' ; watch for error counters.

  Check 'netstat -a' , TCP connections should not be in suspicous
states.

  M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM