[squid-users] transparent proxy with logs about NT/Linux user names

From: Oliver Hooper <oliverhooper@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:29:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have setup a transparent proxy by using squid 2.5
stable1.

It seems that the authentication won't work with a
transparent proxy server.

Anyway, I won't apply the access restriction on the
users, rather, I would like to just log the users
actions. The ip addresses logged into the access.log
file are not sufficient enough to monitor the users.

The users are using different OS, such as windows 9x,
NT4, 2000, XP and Redhat 7.2. (The windows users logon
to a domain and Linux users logon to another domain.)
The browswers vary as well, such as IE5.0, Netscape
4.7/6.0, Mozilla etc.

How can I use squid to log the user name, which is
used to logon to the domain?

Cheers,

Oliver H