[squid-users] Problem with transparent proxy

From: Sven Schuster <schuster.sven@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:59:54 +0100

Hi all,

I have setup a transparent proxy on a linux box, with usual
iptables-redirection from port 80 to port 3128. My problem
is that I always get an error page:

While retrieving the URL / (with "/" being a link to the
page I wanted to go to)

The following error was encountered:

   * Invalid URL

.
.
.

and some more lines describing what the error could be.

I'm using Squid v2.5 stable1, and as I said I've configured
iptables to redirect web traffic to the squid port.
When I use Squid "non-transparent" (by configuring the browser
to use the proxy) everything works well...

Does anybody have some help for me??

Thank you!

Sven