Re: ´ð¸´: Re: [squid-users] transparent proxy andauth

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:52:45 -0600

It's in the FAQ, it's in the configuration file, and it gets answered
here about once a week, but it isn't the answer folks like to hear so
the answer is ignored...

 From squid.conf in the documentation section for proxy_auth:

# # WARNING: proxy_auth can't be used in a transparent proxy. It
# # collides with any authentication done by origin servers. It may
# # seem like it works at first, but it doesn't.

Perhaps it should say WARNING in bigger letters...

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>