Re: [squid-users] Prefetch with squid

From: Santiago Gallego <ago@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:09:22 +0100

El Lun 28 Oct 2002 13:48, escribiste:

>> Does anybody know any method por making prefetch of web pages with squid?
>> have read that wcol can do that, using ICP to communicate with squid, but
>> can't get wcol even to compile (maybe a too older software).

>col evolved into kotetu, which is still under relatively active
>development.

Have you configured wcol as a prefetcher like in
http://shika.aist-nara.ac.jp/products/wcol/cuckoo.html ?

I have tried the configuration issues in that page but squid don't send ICP
querys when it has an object in its cache, but we need it to do that. Is
there any way to tell squid to send ICP querys everytime a client request an
object? Even when it has that object in the cache.

The idea is that wcol do only prefetching work, but squid act as a
transparent proxy and handle the cache

Thanks in advance

--
Santiago Gallego