[squid-users] TCP_HIT wont upstream

From: Michael Watts <Michael.Watts@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 11:23:43 +0800

Hi there,

I am running squid 2.4STABLE 6 and use an upstream chache. WHen looking
trough my access.log I have noticed that anything thats a TCP_*_MISS is
fetched through the upstream cache, but anything TCP_*_HIT does not go
through the cache.

WHat would cause this to happen?

My cache_peer is as follows:
cache_peer proxy.cache.telstra.net parent 3128 3130 no-digest no-query

I also have "never_direct allow all" and "always_direct allow localnet"
specified (where all is any internal network source host and localnet is
any destination on my LAN)

Is there anything I can set to get MISS and HIT to go through the
upstream cache?

Thanks

This email is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use
the information contained in it. If you have received this email in error,
please notify us immediately by return email and delete the document.