Re: [squid-users] Cache's Flash Files even with always_direct

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:23:27 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Alex Short wrote:

> We have web designers working on an internal site, we want squid to be the
> middle man for logging and security (not all users can view the dev site
> content). So i just want for this site logs and auth, no caching. So i
> set the following
>
> acl nocacheme dstdomain dev.mydomain.com
> always_direct allow nocacheme

Always direct tells squid not to use a parent cache. It does not tell the
browser not to go via squid. You must configure the browser to do that.

Perhaps it would be useful for squid to warn if "always_direct" and/or
"never_direct" are configured without a parent cache.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Unix Support/Postmaster/Hostmaster