[squid-users] Re: Pb Squid and authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:22:54 +0100

For a start, make sure you upgrade to a STABLE version of Squid. PRE
releases are meant for testing only, and immediately became obsolete
when 2.5.STABLE1 was releases.

Second, if you are using the SMB ntlm_auth NTLM helper then make sure
to list multiple login servers. These do not need to be your actual
domain controllers but can be any NT servers in your network. There
is a problem with the SMB protocol when there is many concurrent
users.

It is advicable to use winbind for integrating with the NT domain. It
is not plauged by the same issues as the old SMB NTLM helper. See the
Squid FAQ for details on how to set up winbind for Squid.