RE: [squid-users] IE Problem with Proxy Auth

From: Carl Horne <chorne@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 07:44:13 -0700

Hi,

Attached is Microsoft's hotfix to fix the SP1 auth problem. I haven't
played with it yet but others at my company say it fixes the issues.

Enjoy,
        Carl

>>> "Garry Thomas" <gthomas@netstarnetworks.com> 11/02/02 02:57PM >>>
Hi Rob,
        I just setup the Apache Web server on the same machine to do
basic auth, and it doesn't have the same problem....it seems to be
isolated to the Squid cache....

        Is there any more info I an capture to try help? I can switch
the problem on and off just by changing the port number the Browser
uses
for the proxy (Port 80 for Apache, Port 3128 for Squid).

Cheers
GT