[squid-users] Another try, another fault :-(

From: Michael A. Meiszl <Michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:47:34 +0100

No answer for a week, maybe I should repeat my problem...

Running 2.4-10 is completly ok on my FBSD4.7 machine.
But if I use 2.5.1 instead (same config, I've elminiated all entries
which are not portable between the versions), I'm running into strange
difficulties.
On each transmission to the client (exclusive very small answers which
fit into one ethernet packet) the last packet is delayed for 15 to 60
seconds. Seems that the socket is not closed until some lazy flushing
takes place. This can add up so that a page with a dozen pictures will
take about 15min to be shown completly. This is also true for FTP proxy
sessions. Transmission is fast up to 99% then pauses for up to a minute.

Switching back to the 2.4 binary and everything is ok again.

???

MAM