Re: [squid-users] Installing Squid Issue

From: Technology Listserves <techlists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 09:52:00 -0600

Thank you for your response. At what point is the etc/squid directory created? I have squid installed to /usr/local/squid. The squid.conf file is currently in /usr/local/squid/etc. I start squid from /usr/local/squid/sbin.

I haven't done many changes to the suid.conf file yet as I want to see the squid can initiate before I invest time into configuring the squid.conf file.

>>> Edward Mann <edward@arctechnology.com> 11/07/02 09:49AM >>>
Okay i'm not sure but do you have a squid.conf file on your server. If
you are starting this from the command line are you telling it what conf
file to use. ie. #squid -z -f /etc/squid/squid.conf, or are you starting
the file from init.d?

I take it that you have modified the squid.conf file to fit your needs?

Later.