Re: [squid-users] I can't access my inside web server when squid is active in MSIE

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 07 Nov 2002 19:10:58 +0100

Squid is just a web client when it forwards a request. If your Squid can
reach your server then it should be able to proxy requests to this
server. A simple test to see if networking is set up correctly for this
to work is to simply run a browser session on the actual proxy server,
with a browser configured to NOT use a proxy.

If your Squid cannot and should not reach this server then your browsers
must not send requests for this server to Squid. Squid cannot tell
browsers to not send requests to Squid, it can only do it's best to try
to retreive the requested content.

You do not provide sufficient information to tell why your Squid cannot
reach the server.