[squid-users] Outlook Web Access/IE/WebDAV/Squid

From: Breno Basilio <bfbasilio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:47:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi:

I'm having some problems with Outlook Web Access and
Squid. I've noticed there are others that have
experienced the same with their setup, but I have yet
to find a solution.

I'm using squid-2.4.STABLE4-2 and everything works
well...but I have a customer that uses Outlook Web
Access and when logging in the Inbox hangs on
If I stop the port 80 redirection to port 3128,
bypassing the use of Squid, the Inbox contents are
displayed.

I have read a lot of different things regarding this
issue. It seems to be related to WebDAV standards. I
know Squid 2.4.x supports WebDAV, but it seems
Microsoft decided to be a little different and use
non-standard methods. I have added the following
methods to squid.conf:

extension_methods REPORT MERGE MKACTIVITY CHECKOUT

Is any of my comments above accurate? Has anybody
experienced this issue? Is there any other methods I
need to add to resolve this issue? I would appreciate
any and all help with this. I'm running out of ideas
and information.

Thank you for your time and help in advance.

Sincerely,

Breno Basilio