Re: [squid-users] cache_dir aufs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 13:06:46 +0100

On Saturday 09 November 2002 12.52, Edward D. Millington wrote:
> Thank you very much Henrik!
>
> The next snapshot will be stable 2 right?

No, the next snapshot will be squid-2.5.STABLE1-20021010. See
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/

In some time there will most likely be a 2.5.STABLE2 release, but the
current set of patches require a bit more of testing first..

Squid exists in these flavors

DEVEL snapshots
Nightly snapshots of the current development source. This is the
bleeding edge version and bugs have to be expected from time to
time..

PRE releases
Releases intended for testing before a new major release is made.

STABLE snapshots
Nightly snapshots of the current STABLE tree. These contain all
published patches, and sometimes a few patches who have not been
published yet. Sometimes there may be minor bugs while a new patch is
being tested, but at most time these are more table than the latest
STABLE release.

STABLE releases
Official releases of the current STABLE source tree. This is the
versions announced and distributed to all FTP mirrors.

> You see, we have merge with another company which has a Netcache
> install. So my days of using squid is numbered. I wanted to test
> out this latest fs to see how it has inprove swquid disk i/o

You could try to convince them to use to Squid. Have several customers
who have moved from Netscape Proxy to Squid and who are very happy
with the difference..