Re: [squid-users] ip cache satistics

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Nov 2002 10:49:43 +0100

Not in the IP cache no. The IP cache is a cache of DNS lookups, not
requests. Hostname -> IP.

The URLs of current requests can be found in the Filedescriptor
statistics.

You can also find URLs in the "In-Memory and In-Transit Objects" page.

For other objects which is only available in the on-disk cache Squid
does not keep the URL in memory, only on disk. This to preserve memory.
What is kept in memory and available via cachemgr is a abstract hash of
the URL (16 bytes MD5 hash).