Re: [squid-users] Dumping the Cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Nov 2002 11:39:33 +0100

You need to delete the cache, or else Squid will recreate swap.state
from the cached objects.

With a little UNIX scripting you can easily set up to run the delete in
the background after restarting Squid.

Small UNIX script to delete a Squid cache directory in the background:

#!/bin/sh -e
if [ $# -ne 1 ]; then
  echo "Usage: $0 cache_dir"
   exit 1