Re: [squid-users] rep_mime_type and external helpers

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 13 Nov 2002 20:27:16 +1100

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 20:03, Gerard Eviston wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm doing a http_*reply*_access check for the MIME type, it fails
> (understandably) with a "no connection data" message in the cache log.

You might try the authentication patch I've got in bugzilla. Uhmm, I
don't recall the number offhand, but I did reference it on squid-users
about a week ago.

Before doing that though, just try the current 2.5 daily snapshot, which
lifts the connection info requirement once the user is authenticated.

*** IMPORTANT ***.

You must trigger authentication before the http reply starts. Use
acl authed proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access deny !authed
lines in squid.conf to do this.

Rob