[squid-users] Proxy down after 5 days

From: Andrea Durante <andrea.durante@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:57:14 +0100

I have a compatible computer to run as a proxy to internet for my LAN.

The system have:
-Pentium II 400Mhz processor
-128+64Mb RAM
-2 network adapter - one AMD PCNET 10Mbps (eth0) and one Realtek 8139 at 100Mbps (eth1)
-Mandrake 8.2 running squid, apache and squidguard (distributed with mandrake)

The first problem are:
After 4-5 day my proxy still down, but I can manage the squid, the network interface are up, and the proxy don't work and when I request a page I don't receive any squid errorpage.

The second problem are:
I use the IPTables firewall, and I would like to make a trasparent proxy... The apache's running on port 81... I have downloaded the White papers to do this and the NAT work's OK, but the proxy not...

Thanks for the attention....

Andrea Durante
Edizioni Metro srl
Via Fantoli 7