[squid-users] SurfControl Web Filter and Squid incompatibility

From: <Tom.Williams@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:10:55 -0800

Hi! One of your MIS guys tells me the "SurfControl" web content filtering
software we won't work with Squid because Squid "encrypts" the packets that
get sent from the proxy to the browser such that "SurfControl" can't "see"
what URLs are being accessed in case they need to be blocked.

Does Squid do some kind of packet "mangling" that would cause apps like
"SurfControl" not to work correctly?

Thanks in advance...

Peace....

Tom