Re: [squid-users] Web accelerator mode + Random Characters

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 21 Nov 2002 16:45:31 +0100

ngrep is a good tool to inspect what is going on there.

On the Squid server run

  ngrep -O dump.out

While this is running repeat the problem with your browser, and stop
ngrep

Then run "ngrep -I dump.out" to analyze the collected data, and check if
these garbage characters is introduced by Squid.

There is three main possibilities:

  a) Broken web site

  b) Broken Squid

  c) Broken browser

By analyzing the ngrep results you can tell which of the three is your
case

  a) If the garbage is seen in the reply from the actual web server then
the site is broken

  b) If the reply from the web server looks fine, but the reply sent by
Squid to the client includes garbage then the problem is at Squid

  c) If the reply from Squid looks fine then the problem is at the
client browser.