Re: [squid-users] Public access catalog in a library - eek!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 19 Nov 2002 18:45:39 +0100

This defenitely smells like a broken web server keeping track of
sessions solely based on the source IP address of the user. For such
brokenness there is no help other than not using a proxy and each user
having a unique public IP address.

But it might also be a broken web server who do not properly mark
private content as such. For this kind of brokenness the no_cache
directive in squid.conf can be used to deny caching of the site.

Note: You cannot tell Squid to route directly. If you want your clients
to bypass Squid then you need to configure your clients to not use Squid
for the requested domain. Squid can only decide on how Squid will
forward (or deny) the request once it has reached Squid.