[squid-users] Zero Sized Reply

From: Tukaram Dhage <thd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:56:27 +0530

Hello Squid Users,

I get Zero Sized Error for few sites like
http://directory.google.com
http://espnstar.com
http://news.bbc.co.uk from my Squid clients.

I tried increasing two parameters in squid.conf as
minimum_retry_timeout to 15 sec from default 5 sec and
maximum_single_address_try to 6 from 3 default.

My DNS server resolvs correct IP for above sites as well squid server is

using the correct resolver (/etc/resolv.conf)

Also squid clients (various browsers like Netscape 4.X and above on
Unix, Koncoror, Mozilla, Internet Exp 5.x and above on Windows,
the local language Sites does not gives correct page, it gives garbage
characters.
Does any one came across such problem ? how to tackle, is it mime types
probelm or some thing else ???

Could any one give me rough configuration parameters and best Squid
Version for 100 odd clients,
I am having Xeon based 2 CPU, 1GB 36GB SCSI X2 disks Machine and
Internet connection of 1MBPS Shared bandwidth to use.

Thanks for your response.

Tukaram