[squid-users] pam_auth fails through browser

From: Greg Alexander <galexander@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:54:47 +0200

Hi All,

I have a problem with pam_auth, it works fine under linux console

echo username password | /usr/lib/squid/pam_auth

OK

but when I use a browser to connect I get a ERR, even if the password is
correct.

I have spent about a week trying to get this right.

my /etc/pam.s/squid file
auth required pam_unix.so
account required pam_unix.so

my acl's are correct and will allow connections if I use the pam module
pam_permit.so ( DUH! )
but as soon as I use pam_unix.so I get a ERR.

Please help if ya can