[squid-users] Problem With htpasswd s/w in Proxy_Auth Module

From: Abdul-Azeez <azeez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:32:49 -0800

Hi users,
I am going through hell with my proxy_auth module. My OS is FreeBSD version
2.2.8 running squid -2.4 STABLE7.

My squid does not seem to understand my password files b/c it rejects users
that i have created with htpasswd software. I have used both -m and -d
options with htpasswd but it still won't work.

I do not think it is a pemission problem because it worked well when i
created the same users in my Linux box and copied my /etc/shadow file to my
squid password file (on the freeBSD box) but this is quite cumbersome for
production use.

Anyone got a clue?

Abdul-Azeez
Lagos, Nigeria