[squid-users] Squid with ncsa_auth: First request is always ignored

From: Martin Ebnöther <mebnoether@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:16:45 +0100

Hi there.

I recently installed Squid 2.4 Stable 10 from the ports-collection of FreeBSD 4.7 plus I added the patch for ncsa_auth.

It all works well except that everytime a user opens the Browser (Internet Explorer) and authenticates himself
to the proxy, the first request results in an error message from the proxy, saying that the URL is invalid.
After that, the user can surf the web with no further problems.

When I have a look at the access.log, I see a TCP_DENIED/407 with no username, and the next request is
TCP_MISS/200 with username.

Anyone had the same problem and probably knows about a solution? Any hints are greatly appreciated.

CU, Martin