[squid-users] Web accelerator mode + Random Characters

From: K. Scott Bethke <kbethke@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:41:19 -0500

Hello Squiders

I have deployed many squid 's as web accelerators and last night I ran into
the strangest problem, Im hoping this has been seen by others before. This
is the first webserver I have accelerated that is almost 90% php driven.
The good news is that deploying the site stand alone bought the CPU to a
grinding halt. Adding 5 Squids in front of it bought the system to about an
average of 90% Idle CPU, that was impressive.

The problem... When you use the website direct you see everything normal.
When you use it through the squid boxes you see (sometimes, not always and
where it happens differs) random characters, usually paired up but not
always. Looking at the web page source via "VIEW-SOURCE" on the browser we
see these random characters sprayed throughout the source with no real rhyme
or reason.

Any ideas?

-Scotty