Re: [squid-users] Cannot log into only one site.

From: Marcin - ONET <marcinwasilewski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:25:46 +0100

Token is an elecronic device. You enter a PIN and it returns you some digits
which are your password.
I use ActiveCard, below is some info from their site:
Key Advantages

Increased network protection and transaction integrity:
     Before a one-time-use password is generated, ActivCard two-factor
authentication requires the user to have the token and know the PIN.
     Unlike static passwords, dynamic passwords cannot be reused or guessed.
     Digital signing of transactions certifies data integrity and validates
user identity.

Streamlined Administration and Authentication:
     Deployed with ActivPack AAA services, authorized users securely
authenticate to VPN and remote access servers, Web-based applications, and
other network services.
     ActivCard Tokens reduce the costs associated with static password
maintenance and related security policy enforcement.

Flexible deployment for large numbers of users:
     With ActivPack, administrators can effectively manage token
distribution, initialize tokens, and define user authorization and access
rights.
     The same back-end systems that administer ActivCard Tokens also support
ActivCard GoldTM smart card clients-delivering a clear bridge and migration
path to consolidated PKI, digital signature, and biometric solutions.

and found another description:
http://www.sunny.ch/downloadfiles/activcard.pdf

Best regards
Marcin