[squid-users] Help with offline mode

From: Matthew Robinson <matt.robinson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:51:03 +0000

Hi,

I need to make a Squid box capable of functioning without an Internet
connection. This is required so it can be moved round with a PC to
locations without Internet facilities to display web content.

The Squid box will be pre-loaded with required sites using wget.

I've read about Squid's Offline Mode and have tried enabling it, but if
I simply pull the Internet connection with this enabled all requests
time-out with DNS errors etc...

I've tried this on a couple of different Squid installs with the same
results.

Is there anything special I need to do in order to make Offline Mode
work correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Matt