[squid-users] openlinux 3.1.1 & squid 2.5

From: Hendro Susanto <HSusanto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:42:57 +0700

hi,

i just update the squid (v2.4 -> v2.5) through the caldera system
updater and it was working very well.
ironically, a few hours later the electricity went off and when it
restarted my squid is dead.
I found my configuration was back to default which is I have to
configure everything from the beginning!

After squid -z then /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid start nothing happen.
Even I can not see the squid on ps ax or top or cache.log!

if i type squid start it shows starting sign.
and if i type restart it also shows restarting.
but it shows no running copy after i type squid reconfigure or reload,
etc.

Is it possible/should i must to uninstall the v2.5?
How?

Any idea? TIA...

HS