Re: [squid-users] Transparent squid and Nortel passport 8000

From: Jon Ottar Runde <jru@dont-contact.us>
Date: 14 Nov 2002 21:17:04 +0100

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 20:45, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Should work just fine, assuming this "Nortel Passport 8000" can be
> used as a proxy.. just use the same cache_peer settings as you would
> do in your browser. See also the Squid FAQ on using Squid within a
> firewall if you want to forward everything, not only cachable
> requests.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Except for the fact that a passport 8000 is a routing-switch.
I guess the question is if the router can forward requests
_to_ the proxy, and I think the answer is no.
Unless you have bought the (expensive) Alteon add-on board, this
is a layer 2/3 switch, that can do simple udp-forwarding, but not more.

This AFAIK - but I have been wrong before :-)

Jon Ottar