[squid-users] users quotas

From: Ilya <quiz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:05:47 +0600

Hello!

So, I have the LDAP server, where every user has its
name/password/quotas. Quotas - how many Mb user can download
from the Internet, what sites he can visets and can not, etc.

How can I make squid to act, to satisfy user`s requests
according to this quotas?

As far as I understand, squid doesn`t have such built-in
feature. You see, quotas can be changed by admin in any time,
so it is impossible to rewrite squid.conf and restart squid
everytime.

So, probably it is necessary to write external program. What
programming language can I use? How can I organize interaction
between squid and such program?

wbr
Ilya.