Re: [squid-users] squid2.5 rpm rh 7.3

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:19:47 -0600

I have a snapshot RPM for RH 8.0 here:

http://swelltech.com/support/updates/squid/8.0/

And an SRPM that should build unmodified on 7.3 in the SRPMS directory.
  (Just type 'rpmbuild --rebuild squid-2.5.STABLE1.20021117-1rh.src.rpm'
on the command line...it should write out an RPM.)

I'll post a 7.x version into the 7.x directory soon...or now:

http://swelltech.com/support/updates/squid/7.x/RPMS/squid-2.5.STABLE1.20021117-1rh.i386.rpm

The new Squid requires an extra perl module for one of the smb
authentication helpers, and I've made a package for that too which I'll
upload shortly. It won't hurt to use '--no-deps' when installing it
until then. You could also remove whatever the auth helper is that
requires the module from the build, if you prefer. I'll probably do
that before calling these finished.

Standard disclaimers apply...Like: These packages are unsupported, but
I will fix any problems with them that folks run into. Wait until I've
posted pseudo-official 2.5.STABLE2 packages before pointing out
problems, as I'm sure these have many broken bits. And you're probably
much better off building from a source tarball the old fashioned way,
unless you know what you're doing with RPM (i.e. how to fix broken spec
files).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.