[squid-users] winbind -> error looking up domain users/groups

From: Wilson A. Galafassi Jr. <jr22list@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 Nov 2002 11:21:24 -0200

Hello all!

I have on my network a PDC running w2k with active directory.
On this machine i have:
nic 1: internet (valid ip)
nic 2: hub 1 -> 10.1.1.1
nic 2: hub 2 -> 11.1.1.1
my wins server is running in 10.1.1.1 on pdc.
i applied SP3 and all windows updates corrections.

on my linux machine i have:
kernel: 2.4.19 - samba 2.2.7 - squid 2.5S1
nic 1: internet (valid ip)
nic 2: hub 1 -> 192.168.0.100
nic 2: PDC network -> 10.1.1.100

For tests only i have setup another machine with w2k and active
directory and on this machine winbind and wbinfo -t/-g/-u run's
correctly and i have attached the logs of nmbd and winbindd when running
with this machine named log.nmbd.ok and log.winbindd.ok. in this machine
is everything OK!!!

In my pdc i sucefully join on domain running smbpasswd -j domain. The
command wbinfo -t/-p works fine. but when i run wbinfo -u/-g result in
"error looking up domain users/groups". the autentication with wbinfo -a
user%passw works fine. i attached the logs when running nmbd and
winbindd in this machine (PDC oficial) named log.winbindd.error and
log.nmbd.error.

I just use samba/winbind to provide ntlm autentication to squid using
w2k users/groups database.

For your reference i attached smb.conf and lmhosts files.

What is the problem on configuration of my W2k machine???? Any
helpme????

OBS: sory, but my english is bad. :)

Thanks

Wilson Galafassi