Re: [squid-users] Squid in an ISP environment

From: Andrew Veitch <andrew.veitch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:40:52 +0000 (GMT)

On 23 Nov 2002, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 23:17, Eka Sutresna wrote:
> > Does anybody here have an experience on installing, or at least know a
> reference site for Squid running on an ISP with 100K+ subscribers ?
[...]
> Also, there was the JaNet cache farm, but I believe that has closed
> down. It must have served a pretty big user base as well.

Official "switch off" date is 3rd December. In our heyday, we served most
of UK academia, with some 175 million requests per day and an amalgamated
bandwidth usage of some 350Mbps peak.

Traffic is somewhat lower these days :-(

--
Andrew Veitch, JANET Web Cache Service / Manchester University Cache Support
mailto:andrew.veitch@man.ac.uk                       http://wwwcache.ja.net/