Re: [squid-users] RE: failure notice

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:53:02 -0600

Ask Cisco.

WCCP v1 has two protocol revisions, and some very old Cisco routers
break if fed a version 4 identifier. It will probably be safe and wise
to make this into a configure time option in some near future Squid
version, because it confuses people.

The wccp_version directive has nothing to do with choosing between WCCP
1 (which had no number at the time--which may explain why Cisco
versioned some minor tweaks to the protocol while it was the only WCCP
protocol in existence) or WCCP 2.

Is anyone still using 'wccp_version 3' in their configuration files? If
not, I'll submit a patch to make the option go away...(I've seen enough
people trying to switch between the two choices when something isn't
working with WCCP, and they end up wasting time trying the same steps
for 3 and 4. Everyone needs 4 these days, or they need to update their
router with a newer IOS version.)

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.