[squid-users] Re: Server crashes

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:08:56 +0100

Please use the squid-users mailinglist for Squid usage and configuration
questions.

If you do not see the swap beeing used and the CPU is not fully utilized
then there most likely is a TCP/IP bottleneck.

Things to check:

  * Your cache.log to see if there is any hints
  * Your system messages file to see if there is any hints
  * TCP/IP SYN backlog size and use
  * Kernel memory usage for network buffers

Then depending on the hints found in the log files you might need to
investigate

  * Filedescriptor usage
  * TCP/IP unbound ports availability

And if no other hints are found