[squid-users] CONNECT problem on port 443

From: Greg Alexander <galexander@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:57:01 +0200

Hi All,

Maybe someone out there can help me.
I'm running Squid 2.4,

Basically I have squid connect to another proxy that dails out via a modem,
then send the request back to Squid.

access.log shows the following

... GET http:\\www.site.com\ ... \First_Parent_ up ...
Which works well.

for the 443 site I get a

CONNECT http:\\secure.site.com:443

For some reason it is looking for the secure site DIRECT, I think.

My question is... Is there a way to get squid to request the secure sites
via a Parent Cache?
And... Does this have anything to do with SSL? I don't want to setup and SSL
tunnels or anything as security is not an issue.

Greg Alexander