Re: [squid-users] Squid-2.5.STABLE1 : Bug fix release?

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:31:33 +0100

"a.m.rasat" wrote:

> Heya guys,
>
> Is Squid-2.5.STABLE1 a bug-fix release?

 That is a matter of terminology.
 Probably the best thing to say is that 2.5S1 is the latest
 STABLE release of SQUID.
 In that sense it presumably did not focus on fixing bugs
 in a certain stream of code, while of course these issues
 (prev. bugs) may have been given attention.

> I use Squid-2.4.STABLE7 for a full production server some times now and
> determining whether Squid-2.5.STABLE1 capable of replacing 2.4.STABLE7.I
> compiled source but then I notice something strange : where is squid binary?

  I did not encounter this problem; which configure options did
  you use ?

> There was RunCache, RunAccel and squidclient file but no squid binary. Do I
> miss something?

  Yes, because this is not a 'default problem' when building SQUID.

> IMHO even if it is a bug-fix release, people expect to see an UPGRADING text
> file, so there won't be a confusion created.

  It is a new release, check the release notes at
http://www.squid-cache.org/

  M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM