[squid-users] need some advice info that I didn't find on the FAQ about authentication

From: <Arno_STREULI@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:22:33 +0100

Hi all,
I need some clear information what is the main difference between NTLM, SMB and
MSNT authentication ?

I'm trying to setup the authentication transparently for a multi-domain NT, but
their is nothing realy clear on how to do it. It's said that I have to use
winbind for smb and ntlm, ok, what about msnt ?
If I look FAQ, I have to install ton of software copy include file here, make
software their, but at the and their is nothing who let me know what I need to
do for a multidomain environement and what is a good authentication to use (why
SMB/ntlm why not msnt).

Thakns for the help if you can.

Regards,

Arno

DISCLAIMER - E-MAIL
The information contained in this E-Mail is intended for the named
recipient(s). It may contain certain privileged and confidential
information, or information which is otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
copy,distribute or take any action in reliance on this information