RE: [squid-users] just a little HITs since cache_peer defined

From: Lightfoot.Michael <Lightfoot.Michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:01:18 +1100

This is unlikely to be related to setting up a parent cache because
unless you changed other things in your configuration (or you have a
very strange configuration,) squid will always look into its own cache
first before trying anywhere else.

> cache_peer www.foo.net parent 3128 3130

Try setting the peer up as a sibling and (if the peer understands ICP)
use ICP queries to determine whether it has cached what you want.

BTW, in general if you aren't getting at least 40% cached content then
either your users are not typical or your cache is too small.
NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use or
disclose any information in the message or attachments. If received in
error, please notify the sender by return email immediately. Comcare
does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.